Official G-glo.com Website & Blog

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MY SPRING DETOX FORMULA

I am responding to many call about what type of herbs are best for the spring cleansing period.  I am in the midst of a liver, whole body cleanse and here is what I am personally using.  I am using all certified and organic loose herbs by the pound which I find more effective than capsules of tinctures.  If you absolutely don't have the time to get the fresh herbs, tinctures are second best way to go.  
1 part Marshmallow root
1 part Burdock root
1 part Dandelion root and leaf
1 part Milk thistle
1 part Wild cherry bark
1 part Burplerum ( not an absolute but is know in chinese medicine as the the number one liver cleanser/tonic)
1 part Chickweed

simmer for 10 minutes and sip through out the day.  I make one large batch and keep adding to it.  Every 2 days, I discard and start fresh.  

The herb company I ordered my bulk herbs from is called STAR WEST  BOTANICALS.  But people in the hartford area, there is a wonderful health food store in Bloomfield called LIMS HEALTHFOOD in the Copaco center near home depot--- and they have all the medicinal herbs in bulk and are very helpful.  Just bring in this list and they will be able to help find all of these ingredients.  I love to support them because they are local and small business.  xoxo

No comments: