Official G-glo.com Website & Blog

Thursday, June 11, 2009

WHY SUPPLEMENTS ARE SO IMPORTANT

Based on decades of research and new understanding of the role of vitamins, minerals and omega-3 fats in health, I recommend that everyone be on a basic supplement regimen to prevent disease and promote health on an ongoing basis, regardless of what type of diet or lifestyle choices you make. You should plan on getting these supplements and making them a part of your life. I have stripped it down to the bare necessities so that it is more manageable and the rest should come from a clean diet that incorporates all of the colors in the rainbow and as much organic foods as possible and as much live raw foods as possible.

VERY BASIC SUPPLEMENTS:

* A high quality multi vitamin and mineral supplement (I use Usana, but there are many that are made from food sources which I prefer and are more readily available to the body)

*High quality omega 3 fats- cold pressed fish oil capsules or liquid

* Calcium, Magnesium and Vitamin D 3 (very important, many of us are vitamin d 3 deficient and don't know it. The only way to really know is to have a vitamin d3 hydroxy test)

* Spirulina or chlorella tablets ( broken cell wall is important)


With these few vitamins and a decent diet you will be in good shape and able to maintain vibrant health. Of coarse you can take more than what I have suggested and that is completely up to you but this should be the baseline. xoxoox NAMASTE

1 comment:

Rosso said...

Hi I absolutely agree with you. I write about Omega 3s mainly on my blog.

I personally take D3 and Vitamin K2 dissolved in omega 3 fish oils daily. Thats about 1000mg fish oil, 5000 iu D3 and 2100 mcg K2.