Official G-glo.com Website & Blog

Monday, June 1, 2009

AN AYURVEDIC TASTY SPREAD FOR WELLNESS

I don't know if anyone out there can relate but the more I can get away from taking pills, capsules or tinctures and substitute with healing herbs, healing foods or medicinal ingredients that can be enjoyed as part of my every day diet and cooking...the happier I am.  My body also responds better to the nutrients when it's delivered this way,  partly because when you are enjoying what you are eating, I believe it also helps your body to assimilate the vitamins and minerals more deeply.  So, earlier I talked about Garlic and making raw garlic a part of your regime of meal preparations and how powerful and enjoyable it can be.  
This week, it is a product called  CHYAWANPRASH, pronounced CHAH-VA-PRASH
It is known throughout INDIA as a staple of Ayurvedic medicine.  It offers anti stress benefits, its a rejuvenative and also offers mega antioxidants. It is known to balance and pacify all three doshas, vata, pitta, and kapha. Chyawanprash is a 2000 year recipe from the Charaka Samhita, the first treatise of Ayurveda.  Nearly 40 ingredients are used: using fruits, herbs, plants and roots. This combination of ingredients is believed to have potent free radical scavenging activity and is a tonic for the entire system.  It can be purchased at any india market and most health food stores.  The brand I have and use is by Natures Formulary, but Banyon makes a great one as well.  One teaspoon a day is all you need and it can be takes on bread, crackers, with milk, or in a juice.  Or just by itself.  It tastes a bit like a honey jam with a tangy after taste which comes from the gooseberries.  I swear by it.  Namaste

No comments: