Official G-glo.com Website & Blog

Friday, June 5, 2009

DID YOU KNOW THAT IRON IS A TOXIC METAL?

I  have been doing another holistic certification and training and it amazes me with all that I know, or think I know...there is always something new or some information that I overlooked.  I am fully aware as I sure many of my readers are of the dangers of mercury, cadmium, lead, aluminum,  ect.    Especially as it relates to cookware, teflon, any non-stick pans, aluminum pans and tin foil ect and how the toxins leach into our food and reek havoc  on our health and immune system...
But it totally went over my head some where along the way the dangers of iron, and iron cookware.  Perhaps there is a part of me that didn't want to know the truth because up until recently have been using a seasoned cast iron skillet that I have adored to cook on.   I thought to myself " iron, that sounds like a good thing. " Every where that I had read had said it was one of the better choices so I took that good news and ran with it.  Little did I know that it was to good to be true and in fact too much iron is a bad thing, a very BAD THING.  But it's not just our cook ware where we get on overdose or iron.  When this happens its called "FREE IRON" and its no good. Here's the places:

* Too much bread and pastas, fortified with iron (and this is pretty much on most packages bread and pastas purchased at the grocery store)

*Eating too much meat which is high in iron ( esp. red meat)

* Vitamin and mineral tablets, like one a day tablets

*Iron cookwares, and cast iron pot ( surprise, surprise).

Together if a person is also dealing with mercury issues, together high mercury and free iron levels, damages your entire digestive system dramatically.  

Every cell in your body needs iron to multiply, but iron is so toxic and oxidizing that bacteria yeast, and fungus don't Carry themselves.  Instead, they steal iron from  your body and then pass it back to you.  In fact, you will never get rids of any parasite, yeast or fungal infection if your free iron is an issue.  Our  immune  system can't defeat heavy metals, so it keeps fighting and gets tired and eventually will succumb  to illness until we get the heavy metals in check.  
I suggest everyone get a beta 2 microglobulin test to find out if you are metal toxic.  
 

In the mean time, really start to pay attention to the way you are preparing your foods and the cook ware you are using and go to Dr. Mercola's website to learn more about green  safe cookware.  Your health is priceless. I am throwing out my beloved pan gladly and replacing with a shiny and new enamel coated  skillet.  Le Crueset is a wonderful pan, just really pricey but worth the investment.  But there are others that compare on the market if you shop around.  
 Remember KNOWLEDGE= POWER!!! PEOPLE.  xoxooxox
*

No comments: